Teacher's name drop list in Report section

Hi Ross,

I wonder why in our report page when you try to choose the teacher's name from drop down list menu, it has all the staff name including our security, accounting, librarian, etc. Is there any way to fix this?
It will be great if it is only showing the actual teachers list instead of a long list of all staff members.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Ayu, can you tell me the exact page you are looking at, so that I can look into it? Thanks! Ross.
  • Hi Ross,

Sorry just got back to you now, I attached here the screen shot of the page. It is in report section when you trying to find the teachers name, it is also showing staff that are not role as teachers. Thank you for your support.

• Hi Ayu, this module is maintained by @andystat at Rapid36, and so he is the best person to contact. Perhaps he will drop a comment here. Looking at the code, I believe the list is drawn from the SQL statement below, line 726 of /subject_function.php:

SELECT gibbonStaff.gibbonPersonID, surname, preferredName
    FROM gibbonStaff
    INNER JOIN gibbonPerson
    ON gibbonStaff.gibbonPersonID = gibbonPerson.gibbonPersonID
    WHERE status = 'Full'
    ORDER BY surname, preferredName

My suggestion is that you change this to

SELECT gibbonStaff.gibbonPersonID, surname, preferredName
    FROM gibbonStaff
    INNER JOIN gibbonPerson
    ON gibbonStaff.gibbonPersonID = gibbonPerson.gibbonPersonID
    WHERE status = 'Full'
    AND NOT gibbonStaff.type='Support'
    ORDER BY surname, preferredName

The extra WHERE sub-clause will grab only those with the Basic Role of 'Teacher' or any System Roles...excluding "Support":

This is the best we can do, given the architecture of the system.

I hope this helps!

Ross
  • Thank you so much! I will forward this to our system admin.
    admin