iOS/android app?

Hi Ross,

Any plans for an iPad/android app for gibbon?

Comments

• David,

Not at current, partly due to a lack of time, but partly due to fragmentation. I would much rather maintain one code base that works for all systems, rather than lots of separate apps. I know you get extra usability for small screens with an app, but just not my focus.

Of course, if some keen app developer came along I would jump at the opportunity!

Ross
  • admin said:

David,

Not at current, partly due to a lack of time, but partly due to fragmentation. I would much rather maintain one code base that works for all systems, rather than lots of separate apps. I know you get extra usability for small screens with an app, but just not my focus.

Of course, if some keen app developer came along I would jump at the opportunity!

Ross

By using chrome push notifications support, a mobile site or a webapp would avoid fragmentation
  • Hi suoko, thanks for the input. What we are aiming to do right now is refactor the codebase, which is currently hard to maintain, focusing first on the UI elements. We've done a lot of this in v15, and will do more in v16. Once this is complete we'll be able to implement a mobile responsive design, which will essentially allow us to sidestep the issue....which I believe is exactly what you are suggesting. Cheers, Ross.